Sunday, March 28, 2010

Palm Sunday at Oscar's

A million thanks to all those animals and humans who sent a message to my blog and wished me Happy Birthday! I had a whole 27 messages from animal friends and their owners from all over the world. It was so exciting to meet new friends and to learn that there are so many kitties and puppies and animal-loving humans in cyberspace! There were bloggers from the USA (including Michigan, Pennsylvania, Wisconsin, North Carolina, Georgia, Florida, Mississippi, Missouri, Kansas, Texas, Utah, New Mexico, Oregon and California, to name a few!), plus bloggers from the U.K., Canada, and even here in Melbourne! Thanks very much to everyone.

Today was Palm Sunday here in Australia, which unfortunately didn't mean that anything was all that different around my house. When I used to live in Michigan and Daddy would go to a Palm Sunday church service, he would bring home the palm fronds for me and Gerald to chew on, or he'd turn them into a cat toy and tease with them. But I haven't touched a palm frond in ages, so today I had to content myself with watching birdies. And there were LOTS of them just outside my bay window since Daddy refilled the birdfeeder:

But of course, every time Daddy tried to take their picture, the birdies flew away. So I said, Stop scaring away my birdies, Daddy!

It was pretty cloudy all morning with a bit of rain; but the sun did come out occasionally, and when it did, Daddy decided to spoil me and put my food on the stairwell so I could eat and sunbathe at the same time:

But the sun didn't last long, so when I was done, I went back downstairs and gave myself a mouth-lick and post-meal bath on the couch:

And that was my day. So much work for a fifteen year old kittycat!

3 comments:

Kea said...

Oscar, we think you had a wonderful day! Kitty TV, dinner on the stairs in the sunshine....It doesn't get much better than that. :-)

Alastriona, The Cats and Dogs said...

Oh eating in a sun beam sounds wonderful. We have never played with palm fronds but that sounds like fun, sorry you don't get to play with them now. ~AFSS

Everycat said...

This looks like it was a very good Sunday, palms or no palms. Your Daddy is so well trained, putting your fuuds on the stairs for you.

Whicky